Do you ever wonder about people’s sense of humor in the 1950s? Nothing reminds me what a different time it was than browsing vintage cards at an antique store. The innocent sentiments compare nothing to the naughty sayings you can find today.
With just a little over a week away, you have just enough time to get your Valentine’s sent and these vintage mechanical cards are both grandma and kid friendly!
What you’ll need:
- Free printable vintage Valentine’s (Snapping Crocodile, Dapper Pig, Megaphone Boy, Caveboy)
- Blank cards (I used 5 1/2″ square)
- Matching envelopes
- Envelope liners (optional)
- 3/16″ brads
- Small hole punch
- Download and print the cards of your choice (sized for a 5×7 photo print)
- Cut out each card element
- Punch holes where the white dot appears on each element
- Glue to blank card (do not glue the movable elements)
- Line envelope (optional)
- Write sweet nothings to your special someone
- Seal with a kiss!
I hope you and your sweetie enjoys these quirky vintage cards as much as I do.