Over the past couple of years I’ve slowly gone from being a black thumb to a green thumb. My plant mortality rate is still too high for my taste (and self-esteem) but these days I manage to keep more plants alive than not. I’ve amassed quite a few, mostly succulents and low-light plants such as ZZ Plants, Dieffenbachia, and Pothos. I also have forgiving plants like Spider Plants and Snake Plants. And I have one persnickety Boston Fern that is perpetually disappointed to be in my care.
I say all this to say, I consider myself a plant lover. Not a moniker I would have given myself until recently. Caring for them is as labor intensive as it is rewarding. Surrounding myself with plants in my craft room and throughout my home is comforting and inviting. The possibility of having many grow and flourish over the coming years is thrilling. If you have a friend or family member like me, then I recommend one of these gifts to celebrate their love of greenery and gardening.
1. Ready-to-Make Wooden Cactus from Papier Tigre
2. Pretty Pots Calendar from Monkey Mind Design
3. The Tillandz with Air Plants from The Sill
4. Fern Kokedama from Pistils Nursery
5. Miniature Plant Sculptures from This Way to the Circus
6. Pilea Peperomiodes Enamel Pin from This Way to the Circus
7. Hand-Painted Concrete Pot from Hi Cacti
8. Succulent Sketch Book from The Ahlgren College
9. Vining Cork Mount from Pistils Nursery
10. Greenhouse Ornament from Gump’s
11. Cactus Ring Holder by Paint My Dream
12. Cactus Tray from Scout Editions