Did you make tangrams as a kid? It was so fun to make a dog, horse, or cat from a few simple geometric shapes. Inspired by this childhood puzzle, I created an easy Easter card featuring a perky-eared bunny. I couldn’t resist adding a little tail too, though it’s a bit of a creative departure from the traditional tangram shapes 🙂
The card is simple enough to do by hand, though be careful as the borders between shapes are rather narrow. If you have a Cricut or Silhuoette you’ll have a slightly easier time.
DIY Tangram Easter Bunny Card
Materials and Supplies
- Cricut Explore or Silhouette or cutting mat and X-Acto knife
- 1 sheet of 80lb. text paper (9″ x 6 1/4″ if cutting by hand, larger if using a cutting machine)
- 1 sheet of 80lb. cover paper in a different color than above (4 1/4″ x 6″)
- Matching A6 (4 3/4″ x 6 1/2″) envelope
- Card template (Size A6, 4 1/2″ x 6 1/4″)
The following template makes an A6 foldover card.
- Use your cutting machine or X-Acto knife to cut the card template out of the cover paper
- Cut the text paper to size
- Score and fold the card template
- Align and adhere your text paper to the inside of the card template