Enjoy these fun mix-and-match cupcake toppers to ring in the New Year! I’m pretty low-key on New Year’s Eve. I enjoy flopping on the couch with a good movie, my guy, and some sweet and salty snacks. Whether your plans are low-key like mine or are a bigger, bolder affair, these cupcake toppers will surely add to the festivities.
This project is best with a Cricut or Silhouette paper cutter due to some of the intricate cuts.
DIY New Year’s Eve Cupcake Toppers
Materials and Supplies
- Cricut Explore or Silhouette machine
- Several sheet of 8.5″ x 11″, 80lb. text paper in a variety of colors (at least 3 colors is recommended)
- Cupcake topper templates (below)
- Short skewers
- Adhesive (I used a combination of glue stick and hot glue gun)
- Washi tape (optional)
Cupcake Topper Template
The following template includes a variety of shapes that can be mixed-and-matched and layered to create any number of combinations.
- New Year’s Eve Cupcake Topper Template (ZIP – includes PDF and SVG files)
- Use your cutting machine cut out the shapes using a variety of colored paper.
- Layer the shapes in combinations of your choosing, or reference the images below for ideas.
- Adhere the shapes to one another using a glue stick.
- Optional – wrap skewers in washi tape for added flare.
- Using the glue gun, adhere the skewers to the back of your shapes.
- Top cupcakes with one or more shapes.